- 3 1/2 lbs chicken drumsticks (about 16 legs)
- 2 tbsp baking powder
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1/2 tsp pepper
- 1 tbsp butter, melted
- 1/4 cup Texas Pete Original Hot Sauce (Or your favorite buffalo sauce, up to 1/2 cup if you like them saucy)
- Preheat oven to 250°F and set a wire cooling rack over a large baking sheet. Or use Copper Chef Crisper Tray. Spray rack with cooking oil or non-stick spray.
- Pat drumsticks fairly dry with paper towels and place in a large plastic bag. Mix together baking powder, salt and pepper and add to bag. Shake vigorously to coat.
- Lay drumsticks in a single layer on prepared rack shaking off excess coating as you do so, and place rack in the lower third of the oven. Bake 30 minutes, then increase temperature to 425°F and move tray to upper middle rack of oven. Bake another 30 to 40 minutes, until crisp.
- In a small bowl, combine (melted) butter and buffalo sauce. Brush over drumsticks or toss them in a bowl to coat. At this point, you can return them to the oven for another 5 to 10 minutes, if you like the sauce to be baked on.
Be sure to use baking POWDER and not baking soda.
In fact, this is a great use of old baking powder that may not be fresh enough for baking.
© 2022 © Dolly Domestic. All rights reserved.