Jump to recipe
I saw a recipe for Doner Kababs on Recipe Tin’s Facebook page a month or 2 ago. Fabulous recipe. But I wanted it FASTER. An hour in the oven during the summer months is a bit much. I decided to give this a whirl in my Instant Pot, and it’s a fabulous success!
Turkish Chicken in the Instant Pot
- 3 pounds boneless, skinless chicken thighs
For the Marinade
- 1 cup plain yogurt (I use home made or Greek)
- 3 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 1/2 tsp coriander powder
- 2 tsp cumin powder
- 2 tsp paprika
- 1 tsp cayenne pepper , optional
- 1 1/2 tsp onion powder
- 1/2 tsp black pepper
- 2 1/2 tbsp tomato paste
- 1 1/2 tsp salt
- 1 tbsp lemon juice
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- Mix marinade ingredients together well. Unravel the thighs and toss them in the marinade to coat. (I do this in a gallon-size plastic zip bag, but you can use a bowl with a lid. Refrigerate for at least 3 hours, but preferably 12-24 hours.
- Place rack in your Instant Pot. Remove the meat from the marinade. It should have a good coating on it, but shouldn't be dripping wet. Put the meat on the rack in the instant pot.
- Cook on high pressure for 15 minutes. Let the IP depressurize itself. Remove the cooked meat from the bowl and either chop or shred to serve.
- Shortcut hubby learned at work: Dump the meat into your full-size mixer (like a KitchenAid) and using the paddle attachment, turn it on low to break up the meat while it's still hot. Don't leave it too long or the pieces get too small.
© 2023 © Dolly Domestic. All rights reserved.