Jump to recipe
This incredible recipe takes just minutes to make. If you have an Aldi nearby, they have all the ingredients for a fraction of what a regular supermarket charges. You can, of course, make this with Nutella, a Keebler crust, and Cool Whip, but nobody I’ve made it for has noticed that I’m using the store brands.
Decadent Hazelnut Chocolate Pie
- 1 Graham Cracker Pie Crust
- 13 oz Hazelnut Spread
- 8 oz Cream Cheese
- 12 oz Frozen Whipped Topping
- Measure out 1 cup of hazelnut spread into a mixing bowl.
- Set aside 2 tablespoons of the spread.
- If needed, heat the rest slightly in the microwave to make it pourable or at least easily spreadable, then put a thin layer on the bottom of the crust.
- Cream together the rest of the hazelnut spread with 8 oz of cream cheese until completely homogenized with a hand-held or stand mixer, then fold in half the tub of non-dairy whipped topping.
- Fill the pie shell.
- Then top with cool whip and drizzle on the set aside chocolate hazelnut spread.
- Can be eaten immediately or chilled. Everybody raves and it takes 15 minutes to make.
Have an Aldi nearby? Shop there and this is a very budget-friendly, yet fabulous, dessert. Baker's Corner Graham Cracker Pie Crust: $0.95, Berryhill Hazelnut Spread: $2.09, Happy Farms Cream Cheese: $0.89, Friendly Farms Frozen Whipped Topping: $0.89, for a total of $4.82, which is just 40¢ a serving.
© 2022 © Dolly Domestic. All rights reserved.