Jump to recipe
- 6 cups All-purpose flour
- 1 tsp Baking powder
- ½ tsp Salt
- ½ cup Vegetable shortening — cut into small pieces
- 2 cups Warm water (about — you may need a little more or less)
- Place the flour in the bowl of a mixer. Add baking powder and salt. Mix well. Add shortening. Mix on low while slowly adding water. Mix on low for 90 seconds or until well mixed.
- Scrape the dough out of the bowl and onto a floured surface. knead for about 1 min – just enough to make sure it’s a ball of dough and not bits and pieces. Divide dough into 2 equal portions. Cover with plastic wrap, set aside at room temperature for 10-20 minutes. Divide each half into 8 equal portions. Lightly flour a work surface and rolling pin. Roll each ball into an 8-inch round. Stack rounds on baking sheet with plastic wrap between each tortilla. Let set for 10 minutes.
- To cook, grill in a dry frying pan until lightly brown and slightly bubbly. (No butter or grease!) Let cool and use or freeze.
© 2023 © Dolly Domestic. All rights reserved.