It’s not even a couponing event, and my trip to Harris Teeter on Hanbury Road today was outstanding.
I spent $80.82 today. That’s a LOT for me! Considering what I got, it was a great deal:
- 4 pounds of oranges (evic special: $2.99)
- 13 oz. pierogies (evic special: $1.50)
- about 12.5 pounds of lean ground beef (on sale for $1.47 a pound, best price I’ve seen in half a year or so)
- 6 pounds of chicken leg quarters (49¢ a pound, good, but not fabulous)
- a small 3.25 lb rack of babyback ribs ($2.99/lb)
- 3 eight-oz bricks of kraft cheese and 2 eight-oz bags of shredded kraft cheese (on sale + the $5/5 coupon at kraft.com)
- yo-crunch (catalina for a free pack)
- 4 boxes of Cap’n Crunch (it’s for the kids, really!) $2 a box with a $1/2 coupon, not a great deal… $1.50 a box
- Kruncher’s chips on sale for $2.50, used a .75/1 coupon, making them $1 each
- Fiber Plus Cereal (evic special: 1.59 – .75/1 coupon, making it 9¢)
- Bounce dryer bar on sale for $3.49 (which rang up wrong!), coupon for $2.50 from VocalPoint.com)
- 4 BIG boneless ribeye steaks
- 4 mini lobster tails wrapped in the fresh market paper
What sweetened the deal even more was the $10 off a $50 purchase coupon in the newspaper on Wednesday.
That much meat! Wow! and cheese, and goodies…
The steak and lobster was fabulous for dinner tonight, though even with sale prices I spent more on tonight’s dinner than I do in a normal WEEK.
Now to package up the hamburger and chicken into meal-size portions… Busy, busy…